The App Store makes it simple for users around the world to discover, download and enjoy apps. Our editorial team sits at the heart of that discovery journey — curating experiences that showcase the best apps for each platform — iPhone, iPad, Watch, Apple TV and iMessage.
The successful candidate will be making Editors’ Choice selections, proposing the ‘Best App of the Year’ contenders and curating collections to mark significant cultural moments. They will be ‘on the pulse’ and passionate about the role apps can play in enriching lives. This job is all about discovering future apps our customers cannot live without.
- Previous experience or employment positions in content discovery, writing and editorial — ideally in mobile.
- Excellent understanding of the depth and breadth of software, across all Apple products
- A deep passion for technology.
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong sense of design. You must be able to dissect a user interface and evaluate its usability, highlighting only the strongest and most visually appealing content.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Must be resourceful, creative and results oriented while working within a high energy environment.
- Comfortable working under weekly, sometimes daily, deadlines.
- Experience working with content management systems
We are looking for a smart, articulate and curious individual, who will be tasked with picking the best apps to showcase to our customers, scrutinising every title to the highest standards.
Critical to this position is an understanding of what can excite and interest App Store and Apple customers. Editors must be able to explain their rationale for selections and distinguish those apps that are in keeping with App Store’s editorial voice and consistent with Apple values.
As well as judicial editorial judgement, the role requires skills in digital production. It is important that the candidate is able to produce the store — to the highest quality — working with multiple stakeholders, under strict time pressure and drive editorial vision. The candidate will be able to curate a first-class customer experience, across all devices and throughout the various app categories.
The App Store is a fast-paced and diverse marketplace, the candidate must be flexible in their approach, able to juggle multiple deliveries simultaneously and be comfortable with ambiguity. Collaboration is key to success, we are looking for a positive and proactive person who thrives in team environments.
Fluency in English and Dutch is required for this role